A job interview is most important for a job seeker. If you go for an interview, you should be well prepared for it because you do not get a second chance to make a great first impression. Here we provide some strategies to improve your interview skills:
1) Practice for good non-verbal communication
Non-verbal communication is used to demonstrate confidence. You should strictly follow these instructions:
- Stand straight
- Make eye contact while answering
- Make a firm handshake
- Feel confident
2) Dressing Sense
Power dressing is very important to impress the interviewer. It also improves your confidence level. You must be well prepared. It would be better for you to find out the dress code of the company before going for the interview.
- Wear formal dresses
- Black leather shoes (must be well-polished)
- Have a professional, simple and nice hair cut
- Cleanly Shaven
3) Don’t be too familiar
All interviewers like to talk in a professional manner. You should not try to create a wrong familiar environment. They are smart and capture all your tricks in just one minute. Therefore, do not try to be smart and speak appropriately.
4) Don’t talk too much
Speaking unnecessarily is not a good thing. Your answer should be at this point.
- Speak less but to the point
- Don’t ramble (You must be well prepared to avoid this situation)
- Focus on your strong skills
- Speak appropriate sentences
5) Listen carefully
From the beginning of the interview you should listen very carefully to every word of the interviewer. If you are not listening properly, you miss the opportunity to impress him because sometimes there is already a hidden answer in the question. Therefore you should improve your hearing.
6) Ask questions
Usually when interviewers ask if you have any questions? Most candidates say no. This is a wrong practice. You should also ask questions according to the situation, indicating that you are listening properly and that you are deeply interested. Asking questions gives you a chance to find the right place for you in the company. But always remember that it should not look artificial.
Top 10 questions that can be asked by candidates
This is a list of the top 10 interview questions that a candidate can ask when interviewed. Usually an interviewer gives the candidate a chance to ask some questions at the end of the interview. The following questions are written for that situation. These questions enable you to gain as much insight into the position and employer as possible.
- Que: Can you please describe the responsibilities of the position?
- Que: What are the biggest challenges of this job?
- Que: Is this a new position?
- Que: Can you please describe the company’s management style?
- Que: What are the prospects for the growth?
- Que: When can I expect to hear from you?
- Que: If I want to extend the job offer, how soon would you like me to start?
- Que: What is the best part of working for this company?
- Que: Is there any possibility for relocation?
- Que: How much travel is expected?
List of questions that should not to be asked
The following is a list of questions that you should avoid asking as they will not present you in a positive area.
- Que: Did I get this job?
- Que: Can I change my schedule if I get this job?
- Que: What are the working areas of this company?
- Que: If I get the job, can I take a vacation?
7) Don’t look desperate
Do not show the attitude that you are dying for this job. You should not look desperate and less confident. It is always beneficial for you to appear calm, calm and confident throughout the entire interview session. It also ensures the interviewer that you have some ability and confidence and can do something.Like/Subscribe us for latest updates or newsletter: